Who needs to apply:
- The correct candidate will not just be an excellent strategist; they will be great at communicating, and enthusiastic about being a part of an exciting journey.
- The Brand Strategist we are looking for needs to be skilled in hands-on visual work, but also have a broad understanding of what makes good communication.
- ou are excited about young people, interested in culture and able to think laterally and creatively about how we as a brand can deliver the best possible experiences to our customers and followers.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and capable of adapting to rapid change
- You are an inquisitive, provocatively creative thinker who is confident to think differently and brave enough to challenge the status quo
What you will be doing:
- Conceptualize and design digital content for the SPCC website & social media channels; translate creative into a digital environment that ensures a cohesive brand image.
- Plan, conceptualize and execute still-life photography for online and offline usage.
- Manage the process from content planning to post production, providing clear on-set direction, and overseeing post-production.
- Work with our Brand Director & Creative Director to establish and develop a clear brand visual identity
- Stay on top of trends and maintain best practices
- Event planning and execution, provide event brief, direction and creative strategies to vendors.
- Identify and plan promotion strategies for retail stores.
- Provide media brief, direction and creative strategies to advertising agencies
- Matric / Grade 12
- Degree / Diploma in Brand Strategy/ Brand Communication / Digital Communication or any relevant Marketing qualification
- 1-2 years’ Experience
- Ability to take a creative concept and adapt to a broad range of media channels (both within print/digital).
- Knowledge in film and social media is crucial.
- Knowledge of e-commerce and digital design is a must.
- Proficient within the Adobe Creative programs (focus on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- A refined taste level with expert design and typography skills.
- Extremely detail oriented and well organized with strong problem solving skills.
- Experience with still-life photography art direction.
- Ability to conceptualize design solutions with limited direction and to think outside the box.
- An excellent communicator who will readily collaborate with a wide range of colleagues within and beyond the marketing function
- Team player with a positive attitude